The Skinari Lighthouse was manufactured in 1897. Located near Korithi above Cape Skinari, which has a magnificent set of arches and blue caves.
The building is a ground floor house with a hallway, three rooms, a kitchen, a WC and two storerooms, covered area of 103m². The tower is a stone-built, with an external and an internal circular shape of 1.60m diameter, 9.5m high and is located at the northwest point of Zakynthos at a focal height of 66m.
It was started in 1897 with oil as a source of energy, with a white flash per 1.5s and a light range of 21m. During the Second World War the lighting equipment was stolen and the lighthouse was turned off. In 1945, it reopened as supervised with oil as a source of energy. In 1980 the lighthouse was electrified, the oil machineries were replaced and operated as a supervised electrician with a white flash per 5s and a light range of 20m.